Terms and Conditions
In the below terms and conditions “I” refers to the driving instructor, Sajid Patel ADI, “you” and “your” refers to the pupil.
Payments and Lesson Booking
- Payment for lessons must either be paid in advance or at the start of each lesson if using ‘pay as you go’.
- I do not accept payment by Cheque.
- If you wish to cancel or rearrange the lesson a minimum of 24 hours notice is required or the full lesson price will be charged.
- In the event that I need to cancel I will give at least 24 hours notice.
- All lessons start at the agreed lesson time, should you be late the time can’t be made up at the end of the lesson. If I am late due to circumstances beyond my control I will make up the time.
- I reserve the right to withdraw the use of the vehicle for the driving test should I not agree that you are at the required standard. I am unable to take you to test for ‘experience’ or to ‘have a go’, only when you are fully ready to drive independently and safely. Should I feel that you are not ready for the test, I will let you know prior to your test date so you are able to change the date without incurring a charge.A separate charge is made for the use of the training car during a driving test. Please refer to the price list.
- As a driver you are legally responsible for any points or fines accumulated during the lesson (for example speeding) and would be liable for any points/fines. However I do have a moral responsibility to prevent any points or convictions being obtained during a lesson, and as such will do my upmost to prevent any fines being obtained. To reassure you I have never had a fine issued during a lesson.
Fitness to Drive
- You must inform me immediately of any motoring convictions you have. You are also liable for any motoring convictions gained whilst driving in a lesson or test.
- Your eyesight will be checked before your first lesson, you must be able to read a car number plate from 20 metres, with glasses or contact lenses if necessary. You must notify me immediately if there is any change in your eligibility for a licence, or if you are no longer fit to drive, whether due to deterioration to your eyesight or otherwise.
- You must inform me if you are taking any medication which could effect your driving.
- Please inform me if you have had any alcohol within the 24 hours prior to a lesson (it takes at least 24 hours for alcohol to fully exit the body, a nights sleep is not always sufficient, which is why many drunk drivers are caught the morning after)